Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Why you decorating the tree, why???

Sam LOVED hanging the ornaments on the tree! He decorated at least 30 minutes after Chris and I stopped, sometimes "re-hanging" ornaments as he went!
Hence why some spots on our Christmas tree look like this:
Sam left his signature mark all over the bottom branches. Can anyone tell where Sam's decorating "territory" was? Those poor bottom branches!!
Sissy supervised...
I mean could she look anymore relaxed?? Work it out sissy... work it out!!!

There may have been some after decorating wrestling!! I'm willing to bet Sissy is going to be the toughest girl on the street!! Let it be known she can totally hold her own!!


And because this is my mommy journal and I never want to forget:

1. Sam always begins and ends his questions with why...for example: "why we going to the store, why??" or "why you have to go to school, why?"

2. Sam actually gets the concept of the basketball game "horse"! He will try "funny shots" like one foot on the pillow or jumping off Daddy's back to slam dunk. And this weekend he 100 percent legitimately beat Dylan in a game of horse...don't worry Dylan, we won't tell your 9 year old friends!!! :)

3. When we get home from work he always asks us "How was school mommy"! As soon as he sees Chris's car pull into the driveway he opens the door and yells out, unprompted, "How was school Daddy!!!! He makes us smile...a lot!!
and one more funny story for the road...
This past Sunday Charley was getting dedicated at the 6:00 evening service (pictures to follow soon). After Sam's nap he noticed I was getting ready so he asked, "why you gettin ready, mommy, why?" "Sissy is getting dedicated at church tonight, we are all going to back to church!" Sam responded, "why Sissy getting decorated, why?"! I laughed for at least 5 minutes!!! We love that kid....a lot!!!

2 comments:

wendy said...

Emily, I love your blog! It really makes me happy! I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Emily said...

Wendy...I do believe you have a little bun in the oven...there is NO better excuse to start a blog then when you have newborn baby cuteness going on!!! And you know at least Amy Jo and I would stalk it!! :) Hope you have as "comfortable" Christmas as possible!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails