Sunday, December 27, 2009

Inside the Numbers

Hey everyone…it’s me, Chris, with another guest blog. Wait, I mean “Coach.” Sorry. Do you know how hard it is to sneak a guest post on this thing? I’m actually sitting on the couch WITH EMILY right now at 12:38 a.m. on Sunday morning! We’re intensely watching the “Hudson Plane Crash: What Really Happened” (another TLC classic). You have no idea how much better this is than the Tiger Woods exclusive we just wasted our lives watching about 30 minutes ago.

Another problem I have with my cameo blog appearances is the fact that I’m not sure what type of content to really blog about. I must keep reminding myself that you guys are here for Emily, and my content on Emily’s blog should be directed to the ladies, and Ed (is there a difference anymore?) who are reading this. So P-Dub’s, if you’re out there reading this, enjoy…and props on your blog…just please give Emily a shout-out if you get a chance.

My first idea for this holiday guest blog I consider to be my best, so I’m going to go with it. I’ve always loved those Sports Illustrated “Inside the Numbers” columns where they give you numbers along with a description of what they represent. I’m pretty sure it’s from Sports Illustrated…if not, you still know what I mean. So here are some numbers that have been on our minds this holiday break:

4 – Sam’s “go-to” number…represents anything from the amount of playtime before bed to the amount of M&M’s he wants out of Dad’s 3.5-pound Sam’s Club special bag.

18.2 – The inches of snow we received last weekend which provided for some great entertainment, such as, Sam’s first snowman, Sam’s first snow fort/tunnel and Sam’s second, third and fourth sledding adventures. Sam went FULL SPEED down the hill at Aunt Betty’s house on Wednesday. They had a massive sledding hill with a pond and creek at the bottom. Everyone needed a couple guinea pigs, so enter Dad and Sam…first ones down the hill! In retrospect, a slower mechanism might have been safer as opposed to the land speed record 3-man that Sam and I boarded. Apart from significant snow in the face, everyone stayed in tact. Sam even went down by himself on an inner tube (I held on to the rope and sprinted down the hill with him…didn’t want you to think I was completely insane).

5 – The number of times, per Sam’s request, that we have had bacon and eggs for breakfast over break. I’ll ask him again tonight what he wants for breakfast and I’m…

99 – Percent sure that Sam will ask for bacon and eggs for breakfast.

2 – The number of antibiotics that Charley has tried to get rid of her double ear infection – apparently she’s a robot, nothing has phased her yet.

0 – The number of college football bowl games I will watch this year. Open your eyes NCAA and make college football a real sport.

0 – The number of playoff games the Redskins will play this year. Can’t wait for the draft…when do the Winter Games begin?

124 – The approximate number of gifts Sam and Charley received from very loving friends and family this Christmas!

1 – The number of showers taken by Sam this holiday season (baths are normally his cup of tea). He received brand new “shower goggles” for Christmas (definitely Speedo…official).

12 – Ounces of DP (Dr. Pepper) downed by Santa on Christmas morning at about 12:30 a.m. Good idea by Sam to leave some caffeine for Santa on his big night.

Well I hope you have enjoyed my own version of “Inside the Numbers” this holiday break. I also hope you guys have enjoyed your time together as much as our family has. Ed, strap on a fridge pack and stay true to the Skins…1:00 today at home vs. the Cowboys. Rest assured, it will be on at the Dowdy house with a fresh batch of bean dip and some Reese’s Peanut Butter Trees. Which, by the way, if you haven’t tried these, go shopping right now. They’re just like the Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs (massive Reese Cups), just in tree form. I kind of hope Reese continues to make more holiday peanut butter treats. Eggs for Easter, trees for Christmas and I’m recommending:

Peanut Butter Turkeys for Thanksgiving – or Peanut Butter Barry Sanders’ figurines
Peanut Butter Flags for Independence Day
Peanut Butter Leprechauns for St. Patrick’s Day – or Peanut Butter Bono figurines (he’s Irish)

Anyway, I’m rambling…off to the retake of our church’s Christmas Day program. They are replaying the service due to inclement weather last weekend. Hope you enjoyed reading!

3 comments:

Keeping up with the Jones said...

CHRIS! I am so stoked about another guest appearance. You so need to talk your buddy (aka Josh) into doing a few. I am still cracky up ALOUD about Sam's speedo shower goggles! Glad yall had a good Christmas. Keep up the visiting on Em's blog!

JJ said...

Chris-loved the guest blog post! my husband was reading it with me and asked me who was writing this and i said...my date to prom my freshman year! haha! that was a looooooong time ago:) anyway-great post and by the way...they do have the pumpkin reese's for halloween. those are our favorites too! i hope miss charley gets to feeling better soon! merry christmas to you and your beautiful family:)

Anonymous said...

Great blog coach! Can you start one for yourself? Dueling blogs??... could be the new Julie and Julia.

-Robbie

Related Posts with Thumbnails