These cutie patootie's are April and Brad...more affectionately referred to as "Apul and Bad" by the super cute 2 year old who is currently sleeping directly over my head in the cutest red flannel Christmas "jammies"! Any who...back to Brad and April...
I first met Brad in high school. He was a freshman when I was a senior and while I can assure you I didn't "stuff" him into a locker I am not at liberty to say whether I made him late for class by making him walk all the way around the school instead of letting him take the short cut through the "senior hall" because, well, us seniors where known to be cruel like that...anywho...Emily focus...back to Brad and April. I CAN verify that I always admired Brad's quiet leadership and kind, thoughtful personality. That being said I liked him a whole lot more when I met his adorably cute girlfriend April, because let me tell you internet friends this girl has some serious spunk and I am proud to say that I have learned a thing or two from her!!! A couple of years ago Brad and April graciously let us start "hanging out" with them after soccer games and they even didn't mind the fact that we were usually accompanied by cute kids or the fact that we were usually yawning by at least 8:30! We, (being their "older friends") were around for their engagement (I mean not actually "present" for the whole "down on one knee" thing, but "around"...you know what I mean!), preparing for the wedding, and the big day where they asked us to read a section from "Blue Like Jazz" during the ceremony and Chris and I were very honored! Read about their wedding here!Well imagine my excitement when a couple of weeks ago April rushed in, with that look only us "momma's" know about, and directly said, "girl, we've got to talk"! I knew exactly what that meant......
This was taken just hours after they found out so me, being obnoxious me, made them take these pictures!!!!!
This one cracks me up but I love, LOVE, LOVE it!!!! I smile every time I see it!!!
Chris, Sam, Charley, and I are so excited for your "surprise blessing". Looks like you will be using that wedding gift a lot sooner than you thought you would be!! ( I may or may not have given them a baby name book as part of their wedding gift) I see the way my kids ABSOLUTELY LOVE you guys and how they feel completely comfortable around you and I INSTANTLY know you guys are going to be AMAZING parents!
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."[Proverbs 22:6]
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."[Proverbs 22:6]
edited to add:
Sam 100 percent thinks "Apul" is having a boy and so does "Amy Jo's witch craft" (i.e. the needle in the pencil eraser trick) and head on over to the Collin's blog to wish them Congratulations...I'm pretty sure "kind words" help ease morning sickness!! Also, if you have time read this sweet post by Katie who recently had number 3...by golly if she can find "Joyful Contentment" with 3 kids under 4, I can surely find the Joy...it's exactly what I needed this rainy, yucky Wednesday...a little bit of truth! :)

2 comments:
HAHAHAHAHA This makes me laugh :)
Brad...I love that guy. He can take a wiffle ball pretty deep. Dude knows how to run the bases. -Ed
Post a Comment