Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas tree envy...

My tree doesn't have festive garland or modern feathers coming out of the top (cough Amy Jo, cough :) )...shoot, my tree doesn't even have a theme or a dominant color! Lately I have been calling it the Charlie Brown Christmas tree and apparently I have come down with a full blown case of Christmas tree envy! Then Chris, (you know, my handsome, wonderful, 30 something husband) reminded me...one of my favorite parts of decorating is pulling out all the ornaments we have collected through the years and reminiscing about that particular time in our lives!! So here is a sneak peak of some of our favorite ornaments:
I love this picture of Sam at the beach...thanks Aunt Cam!
I got this one from mom the first Christmas I was pregnant!!
One of Sam's first Christmas ornaments.
Sam got this last year right before he was about to be a big brother!!
This was the ornament Chris gave me our first Christmas dating!!! I love that little guy!!! He also refinished his grandmother's hope chest for me...I knew then he would always "out do" me when it comes to gift giving...well there was that time last year when he got me skis from craigslist that just so happen to be the "old style" that the slopes recommend you don't use anymore...ohh...and I was 7 months pregnant....but I'll have to save that for another post!!! :) :)
Elli dog ornament!!!
We gave this ornament to Sam his first Christmas!!
Cam made this ornment...as in hand painted it...and on the other side is the Carson-Newman eagle!!!
Mom got this for me last year...I always sing Happy birthday to Jesus...this was the perfect ornament!!!
Many of my earliest Christmas memories involve my grandmother, Nanny! Every time I see a cardinal I think of her!! She was spunky...she loved her some "People's Magazine" and she kept seeing Russell Crowe in the magazine and developed somewhat of a crush! So for Christmas that year I gave my 80 year old grandmother 8 X10's of Russel Crowe!! She loved them and thought it was hilarious!!! I miss Nanny...I wish she could meet Sam and Charley...she would love Charley's fashion sense and love of accessories!!!
I love this little s'more...Amy Jo gave it to me when I was pregnant with Sam!!! I laugh every time I put her on the tree!!
Hey....how did that get on our tree...I don't know if deserves to be there this year...even the most hard core fans have to draw the line somewhere!!!
I made this ornament in first grade...and every year I make these same ornaments with my first graders!! :) I show them my picture from first grade and ohhh how they laugh!!!
The pregnant ornaments just crack me up....I believe Amy W. gave this to us!!!
The year we were married!!! Sarah Snow (I know you are out there Sarah :) ) gave this to us our first year married!!!
I had a lot more pictures I wanted to share but they wouldn't upload so I took it as a sign from above to stop boring the death out of you now!!!! The moral of the story is this: if having a theme for your tree makes you happy, go for it....but don't worry if you have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, some times the walk down memory lane is worth it!!!! What are your favorite ornaments on your tree??? Feel free to blog and link up to this post...if I were as a cool as Kelly over at Kelly's Korner I would have a Mr. Linky but lets be honest...do you really think I have those blog skills...I can't even figure how to change the pictures on my header...hint, hint, Christopher...fix my blog for Christmas!! :)

3 comments:

April and Brad said...

Okay posted some of my faves and linked you :) Sad that we didn't get to see Sissy get dedicated. Hope Sam's lip wasn't too swollen!!!

Sarah Snow said...

oh, what a cute ornament!! i loved walking down memory lane with you! mine is a charlie brown tree just like the dowdys and i consider them SO oh special!!!!

Amy Jo said...

go jesus it's your birthday. we're gonna party like it's your birthday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails