Look who is the Western Valley District Regular Season AND Tournament CHAMPIONS....
That would be your very own Patrick Henry Patriots!!!! I would love to say that the championship game was a nail biter but the truth be told...they won 7-0...and to that I say EVEN BETTER!!!! :):) (spoken like a true coach's wife!!!) I know I have not written much about this season, (I'm going to go ahead and blame that one on an adorable 2 month old and one ridiculously cute 2 year old), but they have had a GREAT season. They are currently 16-1 with their only lose to a team in VA Beach in which they were equally matched but they put one in in the last couple of minutes of play. Not to mention the team was ranked nationally. The Patriots have broken every kind of school record and they are just plain ol fun to watch!!!
sidenote: do you spot a super cute coach all decked out in his school tie...and to that I say...Dress For Success!!!!
Why that would be Fayanga AKA my African son, AKA the PLAYER OF THE YEAR hugging my handsome husband AKA the best dad in the world AKA the COACH OF THE YEAR!!!!!
Way to go PH. You guys are great!!!
PS. Chris ~~~ You bring the same heart and passion that you have in being a dad and husband to your team. I can only pray that someday Sam and Charley will have a coach that not only wants them to be the best, but shows them how...and not just in sports...but in life as well!!!
If I've said it once I've said it a thousands times...these guys are better people because of you...hats off YOU BIG STUD!!!!
check out more on the Patriots here
sidenote to the sidnote: I'm going to go ahead a self proclaim Nikki and I as co-coach's wives of the year given the fact that MULTIPLE times we got all 4 children under 3 dressed, fed, diapered changed and to the game AND managed to keep them all entertained. And by entertained I mean letting Emily and Sam eat lollipops and popcorn and go down to the field to "score goals" during half time and taking Zoe and Charley to the "upper deck" to nurse...the 2 two month olds are kind of an easy please :):) and to that I say...we kind of ROCK!!!! :):)

2 comments:
Yay! I got your message last night that they won and we are so excited!!! :) Go PH (boys soccer-haha)!!! Way to go Chris. We're proud of you! When do they play next?
I could read Coach Dowdy quotes all night! -Ed
Post a Comment