Sunday, November 16, 2008

Can I get any more random??

I was so excited to be tagged by JJ, a friend from high school who may have been the only person more excited then me when the new Dixie Chicks album came out our senior year!! You are supposed to list 7 random things about yourself that other people may find interesting. Here is my best shot:

1. I was a MAJOR tomboy growing up! MAJOR! I’m talking, I wore sweat pants everyday to 5th grade, and when mom made me wear a dress for the SCA speeches..I CRIED!!!


2. This one you will LOVE!!! Last week we were moving furniture, and since I pulled the whole pregnancy card I didn’t have to lift a finger! Once they had moved the dresser out, Chris asked me to grab the vacuum to get the dust bunnies and when I went to run the vacuum I realized I didn’t even know how to turn it on!!! OH HOW CHRIS SMILED!!!! In my defense, we only have one room with carpet, of which Chris vacuums every other day so I really don’t feel the need to, plus it’s a new vacuum! Ohh STOP judging me...its not like Chris knows how to run the dishwasher…we know our roles, and we stick to them! :)

3. I am apparently Fire Marshal Bill’s side kick. If I think I have left a curling iron on or hair dryer plugged in, I make Chris turn the car around to double check! He LOVES this trait about me, especially when it makes us late for a movie!

4. I can’t wear earrings, but oh how I tried so many times! Even though I knew my ear would get infected I tried the hoop in the upper ear cartilage in college, because let’s be honest…all the cool kids were doing it, AND it lasted all of two weeks until I decided the pink puffy infection did in fact NOT make me cool! Apparently the doctor tells me I have sensitive ears and to STOP trying.

5. I only like mayonnaise when I’m pregnant. As soon as I gave birth to Sam I went back to despising the very sight of it, then as soon as baby girl came along…who knew…back to smothering the mayo!

6. Those who didn’t know “possum” in her glory days may not know about the split in her front teeth that she could fit a pistachio shell through!! Amy Jo BEGGED me not to get braces and almost had me convinced that I could be like "that older model..(I think her name was Rachel Hunter)…and it could be my trademark feature." (yeah, I didn’t buy it either…and I wore braces in middle school). The funny part is, that in college the little brace that was behind my teeth, to keep the gap from coming back broke! So Friday I left class with perfectly straight teeth with no gap, and came back to class on Monday with a full “pistachio’ size gap! Try explaining that! For the record I was able to have my teeth "bonded", and just in time for our engagment pictures. So I only had to enjoy pistachios's for a week, and once again...Amy Jo begged me not to get them fixed...and once again...I didn't buy it!

7. If I wasn’t a teacher and actually had a gift for acting or maybe even (gasp) singing, I would TOTALLY star in a Broadway play. Growing up I acted like I was “taking one for the team” and offered to be the daughter mom “made” go with her to the Mill Mountain Theater (ONLY Jo would have season tickets to MMT) Truthfully I LOVED IT!!! Maybe I’ll wait until High School Musical hits Broadway and try out for Gabrielle…I know I could nail, “I love you Wildcat”!


**** The newly married April Collins just started a blog, check out her great recap of todays sermon! I'm going to join her in "not sweating the small stuff" this week, feel free to join us!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails