Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Here's to 2013

I'm not one for resolutions but I do love a good time of "reflection" and "goal setting" so here it goes!

-I want to read more!  On all topics!  Spiritual, parenting, fiction!  I feel better when I read!  I've already started "A Case for Faith"!  (I'm late to the show...but I love it so far!)  Chris and I are reading it together and it makes for some really good conversations!
-I wouldn't be sad if I finally lost the last 15 pounds of my baby weight.  That being said I've no intention of going on a diet or exercising (I'm headed back to work soon and there just isn't time...sorry, there just isn't...and I'm ok with that)   I'm hoping nursing will kick in (I've heard the months it really pays off are months 3-6...Thanks April for the hope)   I know the next statement is extremely vain but...I miss my clothes...I'm actually ok with my body and weight but I miss not having pants that fit!  Ha
-I want to rid myself of the negative and surround myself with the positive.  I try not to let negative people, "rob me of my peace" but sometimes I get caught up in the crazy.   I want to surround myself with people who actually are happy for me when things go my way and are the first people at my door   asking how they can help when it doesn't....AND I want to be that friend in return.
-I want to complete a 2012 book from Shutterfly before 2013..ha!   I've given up on scrapbooking...(sorry third child Max...I may try to do at least his first year "a just max" album) but keeping up with 3 seperate scrapbook is just plain impossible...and I'm "ok" with that!
-I want to continue to blog at least 10 times a month.  It's the one hobby I've "stuck" with the longest!  Plus I love to go back and look at old posts!
-Last but not least and most important to me...I WANT TO BE CONTENT!  As a wife, as a mother, in my job, when things go my way and when they don't...during soccer season (yes I said it)...in everything.   I want to shake the anxiety, the "picture in my head" of how things are supposed to be, and relish in the joy and fulfillment that my God and my family bring me!   Here's to 2013
Related Posts with Thumbnails