Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sam in his element...

Sam and Chris have played at least 15 (if not more) full rounds of golf this summer!  Sam keeps his score now (and yes Chris is the most honest golfer I know and makes him count every single shot!) and he scored a 91 the last two times coming in 2nd of the 4 golfers...yes Daddy was first!!  Sam's total yardage is about 2,000 yards per round teeing off from about 125 on par 4's and about 160 (to 180) on par 5's!  Sam can also keep his own score...you better believe he always announces what his putt is for, "this is my birdie putt" and he always reminds Daddy when he beats him on a hole!  It is so fun to watch him play!  He is in love with the game of golf and Chris could not be more proud!  I am proud that he knows the rules (he told Chris once that he was walking in his line..ha!) and that he encourages others he is playing with, "nice shot Daddy"!  I also secretly love that others stop to watch him and tell us what a natural he is!  After every round he begs us to chip and putt...his short game is awesome...his favorite thing to do is chip in!   He asks to play every.single.day...when they don't play I give in and let him play Tiger Woods on the Wii!  Don't worry about the winter because he and Daddy have started assembling a golf net in the garage (which they refer to as the "swing lab"!  


Off topic but this is exactly how I feel about the whole "Chick-Fil-a" thing.  It's a great article that I read out loud to Chris and kept saying..."see, that's exactly what I was saying"...she just has a much better way with words!  So for anyone wondering....us Dowdy's are in the basement too!!  :) 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails