Saturday, May 5, 2012

We've Moved!

If our life isn't crazy enough right now (end of school year, in the thick of soccer season, 14 weeks pregnant with 3rd!), we've moved!!! (into a house where we gutted the kitchen completely, no floors...I'm talking straight plywood people, and eventually the whole house will be completely remodeled!  I know we ARE LEGITIMATELY CRAZY...we know!)  This whole moving process actually started when Sam was 6 months old!  We decided we would like to be closer to Chris's school, so that eventually Sam would go to PH!  We also realize that most people are moving to the county, not the city....we are rebels I tell you!  We put our house on the market several times, with a realtor and For Sale By Owner, and while we had some interest nothing took off.  There have been several houses we have fallen in love with only for things not to work out.  We were patient in our search and we finally found the perfect "fixer upper" house!  It was made for us (actually it was built by Chris's uncle, so we know it has "good bones").  It was a situation where there was some medical issues (and I suspect animal hording) with the former owners, so while there was a new roof and new AC (the expensive part Chris and I hate) it needed a complete interior gut (the part that Chris and I LOVE!)!  It was literally the PERFECT house for us...beautiful maintenance free exterior, all expensive things already done, only the fun remodel things left to do! (And by fun I once again mean nothing in the kitchen...no sink, no counters, no cabinets...fun right???!) AND we are in a neighborhood that we love, a neighborhood giving the circumstances we (as school teachers) could never afford...I'm just being honest here!  Without going into too much detail we bought the house right before it was set to go to auction for the second time...so basically in simple language we low-balled them and they took it!  We were very at peace when we put the offer in.  We had determined that if God wanted us in this house it would work out...if not we were to have peace about not moving!  All this to say that I'm about to go all Young, House, Love on you guys!  Chris and I like to think of ourselves as budget do-it-yourself"ers"!  So we are hoping to inspire you guys to go out there and take the plunge...i.e. expect a lot of posts on all the details (not to rub it in your face as to what we are doing but to simply say...if we can do it, so can you...and if you can't...just call my husband...because he's pretty darn amazing at this stuff!)  Don't worry there will still be plenty of cute kiddos pics in the process but I'm excited about documenting the whole experience...and I hope it will be a way to laugh at the craziness instead of crying over it! HA!  Expect lots of before and after pics soon!

1 comment:

Katie said...

We are so excited to have you guys on "our side of town!" and we are staying in the city too, we love it! The county ain't got nothin on us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails