Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

...anyone else can.not.believe. it is 2012!  I say it every year but I really can't believe it's already a new year!  2011 was a good year for us at the Dowdy House!  We watched our babies grow and enjoyed so much quality family time!  Sometimes I forget...that's what really matters...lovin' up on our precious kids!

I'm usually not big on resolutions but here are some things I want to be better at:

-not sweating the small stuff.  I want to care less that not everything is perfect and just enjoy being in the moment more...especially with my kids
-I want to be more thoughtful!  A more thoughtful wife, mother, and friend.  I grew up the baby of my family and sometimes I still get caught up thinking the world resolves around me...so I want to be more thoughtful.
-I want to read the Bible more. (I'm currently reading Forgotten God and our small group is doing Crazy Love but I want to simply read more scripture)
-running, I have the treadmill in the basement now so no more excuses...just do it (I'm basically a Nike commercial)
-Survive soccer season and live to tell about it!  (and I hope to be cheering them on in a state championship game come June!
-NOT cry as I watch Sam walk into Kindergarten.  To be a proud Momma but keep it together...at least in front of him!

2012 IS going to be a great year!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails