Last week was Sam's first experience at being a camper at Daddy's PH soccer camp! Most of the kids in his age group (K-2) were in second grade and 7 years old so basically he was the youngest kid! In fact they were almost double his age...but we are in pretty good with the camp director (aka Daddy) so we decided to let him try it! He did GREAT! Most of the games (like capture the flag) were way over his head and all he really wanted to do was shoot on goal but he made it the WHOLE week! AND I got to see him score on a kid goalie for the first time during one of the scrimmages! It was a lot of fun watching him to something he loves and I am already looking forward to MANY soccer games in our future!
Daddy and Sam before camp one day! (he insisted on the all red...I have learned to pick my battles...this was one I was not picking!)
Sam would pack his soccer bag everyday with his shin guards, ball, and gatorade! I think he had a permanent gatorade mustache the entire week!


No comments:
Post a Comment