This past weekend Sam ran in his first official "running race"! He ran in the "Run for Grace" a 5K honoring the sister of one of Chris's soccer players. Sam ran in the 1 mile fun run and might I add TORE.IT.UP! The one mile fun run is up through the woods on the cross country trail and Chris said ran the ENTIRE time even up the hills! He finished a little over 12 and half minutes! Not bad for a 4 year old! Chris said some of his favorite quotes of the race were, "Dad, hurry, they are catching up to us" and "I know I'm in the lead, I'm in the lead aren't I"! HMMMMM I wonder where he gets his competitive spirit from! I was so proud of my boys!
Stretching! Sam was SO proud to have "real race number" He told people all day long that is was "343"!
And there off!
We let sissy start and finish the race! She (and her Momma) skipped the whole "in the woods" part of the trail!
Coming to the finish line!
Those red checks and smile...I could squeeze him!
getting his ribbon from Sam Roller! Lots of Daddy's soccer players ran the race and were there to cheer Sam on!! He was SO proud!
They let Charley have a ribbon for her efforts!
Nothing says victory like a chocolate chip cookie!
LOVE IT....LOVE HIM!!
We had a super busy weekend! Graduation parties and celebrating Brad's birthday on Friday! Race, lunch with the Jones' and Collins' at Chick-fil-a, and whiffle ball tournament/cookout with our small group on Saturday...(head on over to the Collins to see pics)! Let the lazy summer days of summer continue!
First Week of School
11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment