Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It should be a requirement...

all parents should have to go on a mandatory weekend vacation without the kids!  Don't get us wrong...we LOVE our kids and and our favorite times our with our kids but there is something special about one on one time with your best friend!   This weekend we packed up the kids....  

 shipped them to the grandparents house (with a bag full of homemade cookies courtesy of Daddy!)...
and went snowboarding and skiing at Snowshoe!!!!  We had such a great time!  Get this....we sat through 7 YES 7 meals without having to cut food, negotiate how many more bites, clean up spills, or hide dessert!  It was blissful!  We left after school on Friday and got back around lunch time on Sunday!  Let me tell you it was COLD on top of the mountain!  We "hit the slopes" 3 different times and when we went night skiing it was -5 degrees (before the windchill!!)  And yes this is what I looked like...you could not have anything exposed!  (And yes my husband said he was glad I was  in blazing yellow because he could find me easy!)

When Chris was at a golf tournament this fall he put a bid for this trip at a silent auction and he won!  We got a condo for 2 nights and 2 lift tickets for a fraction of the price (we have our own equipment which helped keep the price down!)  We're pretty sure it was meant to be!!  We stayed right on top of the mountain and we were able to ski out right from the condo!  That also meant we were directly beside all the restaurants and cute little shops!!  Because we got to start skiing right at 9:00 we rarely waited in a line for a lift and when it was the slops "prime-time" we came in for lunch and even caught a nap before heading back out for some afternoon skiing!   The night ski was great because you had to be a pure fool to go out in those condidtions but that meant NO lines!!  We literally got to ski down and get right back on a lift!  We were the last ones period on the mountain and the ski patrol even let us go one more quick time before roping off the last slope!  
We skied over 7 hours and had SO much fun!  I love going with Chris because he challenges me to go faster and try new things (I even went down the terrain park and hit a jump and went on a board slide...I'm not even lying...I'm pretty sure I could teach Shawn White a thing or two!!!!  HAHA!  Actually even though Chris thought it was AWESOME that I at least tried it he had to confess that it was all very comical!!!    Thanks hubby for an AMAZING weekend!   When we got home I was so excited to see the kids!  Sam ran over to us and I got a big hug!  I said, "Sam I missed SOOO much!!!" In his super sweet voice he said, "Mamma I missed you mucher"!  And then my heart melted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It should definately be a requirement! Brian and I felt like new people when we got back from New Orleans last month. I wish the trips weren't so few and far between! I'm glad you guys got to get away! Thanks for the Christmas card too! It was precious!
-Abby

Wolford Family said...

Sounds like a perfect getaway for you two!! Glad you had a good trip!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails