Thursday, January 8, 2009

What's in a name?????

I know you guys are dying for this post....practically sitting on the edge of your seat I'm sure!! Many of you know that early in this pregnancy Chris and I really wanted to be surprise about the gender of baby Dowdy. But as the clock ticked down to "finding out time" we just could NOT resist the temptation. Therefor we decided since we were finding out girl/boy that we would keep the name a surprise!! Going into the ultrasound we only had a girl name and we were completely clueless about a boy name, so not only were we ecstatic to be having a little girl, we were majorly relieved that we didn't have to hit up our baby name book in search of the perfect boy name!! (ps. if this happens to be a boy...we are majorly in trouble!!!)
Slowly but surely this person would find out the name, and that person would find out and Chris and I couldn't keep up with who knew and who didn't...so we decided to let the cat out of the bag!!!! One of the reason we were hesitant about spilling the beans is that the name we have chosen is a some what unique name and while everyone is entitled to their opinion we thought that if they could put a sweet little face with the name they may like it more!! Here are the clues we gave people. It goes great with Sam, her real name is ultra girly but the nickname that she will go by is unisex (we used the example of the name Samantha but goes by Sam because for obvious reasons that was not our girl name:)) This lead to people guessing what letter it started with and after they knew that, all that set them apart from knowing the name was a quick Google search!! So with out further ado...Here is baby girl Dowdy's name......











Charlotte Jane

But she will go by....drum roll please.....


Charley

But if your Sam you call her in the cutest toddler voice, baby sissy!!!!
So here is our reasoning behind Charley....
the poor girl doesn't have a shot of being girly...I mean lets be honest!!
If she hates us for giving her a boyish name she can always go by Charlotte, which we love because of its old southern, classic feel!!! We wanted a Biblical connection as part of her name and Jane means God is Gracious...which we thought was just perfect!!! Plus, if she is anything like her brother she will be a Chris Junior and Chris can call her C.J.!!!:) Now, we just can't wait to see the precious face we will be calling Charley!!
Whew, it feels good not to have the pressure of the big secret!! Plus I can go CRAZY with everything and anything monogrammed because lest we forget I cheered in high school and us cheerleaders go by the motto..."everything is better when your name is embroidered on it"!!!

For the record I got my newborn baby feel by going to visit Anna and Eli today!!! Oh my Eli had the cutest little faces and he was SO tiny and made the sweetest little sounds!! And OF COURSE Anna is back to her teeny-tiny, little self (its ok...I pre-warned my thighs and buttocks that they might gag!!...was that too much information???!!) It was so nice to see such a sweet baby and a friend who was just MEANT TO BE A MAMMA!!! She hasn't skipped a beat and even though this is her first she is already a pro!! Eli is such an answer to prayers! Our God is SO good!!!


ALSO, because this post is just plum full of randomness, Charley got a visit from her clothes fairy, AKA, Riley Wolford! I cracked up when Amy said she had some things to pass on and in she walks with TWO HUGE bags of delicious girl cuteness that I think Riley wore maybe .3 times in her whole little life!!! Man are Charley and I glad that Riley apparently takes after her fashion-TASTIC mother because Charley's closet reaps the benifit!!! (thanks to my pesky :) brother in law for helping me create words like fashion-TASTIC while he plays Madden!)

4 comments:

Keeping up with the Jones said...

Yay! Glad the cat is out of the bag!! By the way, I don't know who you were referring to when you made the comment of the google search....guilty! In the Olive Garden waiting area,...that's me,... guilty!!!

So excited to meet Charley!! :)

April and Brad said...

Charley with a "Y" it is!! I like it that way! Hope to see you guys soon.

Anonymous said...

emily im in love with that name and i cant wait to play with her as much as i got to play with sam as a baby!! and im sure shes gonna be just like you and she will be amazing !

April and Brad said...

WOO HOOO let's go to the movie!!! I would say I'll call you, but we both know you won't answer haha, so call me SOON!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails