I can tell its almost soccer season...the phone calls are more frequent, the "open fields" are lasting longer, the obsession with the website has begun, the boys are starting to stress about the 2 mile, and in the middle of a very important conversation about the layout of baby girl's nursery the coach interrupted his VPW (very pregnant wife) to describe the latest soccer formation that just popped into his head! As you other coaches wives can attest this is very sad, sad day....for it has only JUST begun...
This year I'm trying to stay positive, (I can almost hear the giggles going on inside your head with a picture of me, 10 months pregnant, trying to be understanding about why Chris is an hour late for dinner and hasn't answered his phone!)..but truly, I DO feel this is our calling, our ministry, and I really want to be as supportive as possible. AND TRUST ME, I do use the term "our ministry", because this is def. a family affair. There are days when I feel like I feed more soccer players than family...and by feed you know what I mean..."buy them a hot meal"!
Any who...focus Emily, back to the ovaries....
Chris needed some old soccer photos for his website which of course are on our laptop that mysteriously stopped working, the one with all of the newbie sammy cuteness that I have been asking..neigh nagging, Chris to find a way to get all my priceless photos off of! Well of course now that he needs his soccer photos he mysteriously finds a way to get it working again...oh dang it, I forgot I was really trying to be supportive..ok, I'm back on track now! The great news is that I didn't even care that Chris was on the phone for 2 hours with his webmaster genius friend (once again, I'm sure that IS his official title), because I got to sit and ohhh and ahhhh over Sammy C as an itty bitty, teeny weeny baby...I practically could smell the newborn freshness....
and because my hormones are already working double, I decided yours needed to too...let the jiggin' begin...
Sam's very first picture...
.jpg)
These are my favorite pictures from the first month....

I know I'm his momma...but come on people...that is ONE. CUTE. BABY!!

Look at this precious profile...the first of many "Serious Sam" poses

I know I'm his momma...but come on people...that is ONE. CUTE. BABY!!

Look at this precious profile...the first of many "Serious Sam" poses
(sidenote: April and Cam have already "signed up" to help/save me on long soccer away game nights, so I won't have to have a 2 year and a newborn by myself from 7 in the morning until midnight..just let me know what nights you are free...I'll put you on the calendar!)


3 comments:
haha aw emily !!! ill be back 2nd week of may and you know I would adore to help you !
Alright girlfriend, get me a game schedule,... I'm already feeling the fever for February! Tryout count down,...1 MONTH!! OMG!! We can definitely do some Friday game night sleepovers!! Count me in.
By the way Samster,..precious!!
aahhh!! Sadly, I guess I'm out of the soccer wives' club this year!! I thought I would be happy, but it doesn't feel normal! And I am SO TOTALLY IN on some Friday night late night game GIRLS' NIGHTS!!!!
Post a Comment