AHHHH! The HOTY and I just got back from a great weekend chalk full of friend fun and snowboarding...and by snowboarding I mean they all went snowboarding and I sat in front of the fire at Starbucks, and by sitting in front of fire at Starbucks I mean, pull the padded chair up close enough to prop my legs up on the hearth, snuggle down good in the chair, sip my pumpkin spice latte, and read the first part of "Marley and Me"
I'm going to go ahead and claim that I got the good end of the bargain!!!
We had a blast playing board games into the night even if the boys did win at Outburst. I would however, like to go on the record stating their Victory is planked with all kinds of ******** (asterisks)**********!!! They got cards like "Natural Disasters", I'm pretty sure my first graders could list hurricane, flood, tornado..etc... while we got stuck with naming "The Adams family"...can you really think of 10 of them...yeah, neither could we! NOT TO MENTION, the time they got open land states in the US, and my husband begins singing "Fifty Nifty United States" easily giving them all 10 plus the bonus....is that allowed???? And of course just to get under our skins they would pip up with "AL-A-BAMA, Alaska, Arizona,...." every 15 second until the end of game!
All was fun and games until we woke up to this:
(my computer is not my best friend right now and will NOT let me upload new pics so in your mind picture an old train surrounded by beautiful snow, then picture the almost 7 month pregnant girl strapping on her snow gear just to take a picture for my Internet friends!) Yeah that's 6 inches of snow we had to conquer on our way home. Needless to say the 2 hour and 15 minute trip up to the mountain turned into a 4 and half hour trip back down. But this momma was seeing her baby...I mean look at him....:) (now let your mind wonder to the cutest little 21 month old wearing his bulldog footed PJ's!)
Thanks G-Jo for watching Samster, and to Laura and the kids for entertaining him...don't tell Chris but mom says he was the talk of the cheerleading competition!

No comments:
Post a Comment