Thursday, December 18, 2008

ringing in the Christmas season...Vinton style

How did this true Vintonite let the annual Christmas parade slip through her fingers and not blog about it...I'm not sure either!! Here is Sam gearing up for the start of the parade. He sat and watched the WHOLE thing, even all 50 members of the Jeep club...what a good Vinton Boy!

The whole gang...even Elli got to join! She was NOT a huge fan of the firetrucks!
Oh yes big wide world...we are SERIOUS here in Vinton...yes that's fire on those batons!!! (Is it bad that I have always secretly wanted to try this???)
Here is the Mr. and Mrs.
Now, we all know that this is just one of "Santa's Helper", because the real Santa is busy working in the North Pole...at least that was Jo's theory! So one year in high school I was OF COURSE watching the annual parade with friends when Santa came rolling by as the big grand finale. I kid you not when I tell you that he looked down at me, pointed at me, and with his big jolly voice shouted out, "Merry Christmas Emily"! My eyes got really big as all my friends laughed! Apparently I was the last to get the memo that one of our good friend's dad was playing "Santa's Helper"! For a split second I was SURE I was finally getting a puppy for Christmas, because OBVIOUSLY I had been REALLY good girl...Santa had called me by name!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails