(two post, one weekend....wild and crazy I am)
As many of you know Chris and I are still trying to sell our house. We know, we know...horrible time to do so, it's a buyer's market...yada, yada! We still feel that it is our plan to move closer to PH and find maybe a smaller fixer upper to call home! Over the past couple of months I've become what we like to call in our household a real "Pessy-Jessy" about the whole situation. We have had open houses, and I'm sure all 4 people who attended enjoyed the tour, but the newspaper kept messing up the dates and that coupled with the fact that we just haven't had much interest has really had me down:( Every time I drive back home from the PH area I make it my point to call Chris and remind him that if we lived over there I would be home by now. I also fully expected to be in a new house by the time the baby came, and given the fact we put the house on the market last year, I didn't think I was setting my goal to high. We had the best plans of moving Sam into his big boy room as we moved into a new house so we could knock out all the "transitions" all at once. Ahhh the perfect little world that goes on inside my head.
The real truth is that I see living in this house as a road block to my true desire of staying at home with the kiddos, and the resentment towards my poor little house grows each day as my heart breaks dropping Sam off every morning, knowing full and well it WILL only get worse with two. I have been blessed with such a supportive husband who has a WELL documented plan to make my desires come true and he truly sees and understands the need for me to follow my heart.
Today at church I was humbled as God spoke to me during worship. As much as I was trying not to listen, I was overwhelmed with the simple message that God's plan works in His timing. I was letting the outcome of the house rob me of my peace.
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary
Our God is bigger than our economy and bigger than my house!
On a lighter note (because what would my blog be without one)! Due to our recent open houses we have been working on the little things on our house. For instance, Chris tighten the screws to the crib due to the fact that a little boy around 20 months old wakes up in the morning and the first things he does is climb on the bottom rail, pull on his little backpack that hangs on the doorknob, pull the door open and yell for...not mama....not dada...but you guessed it ELLI!!!!! and his best friend COMES A RUNNING! The cutest part is that Elli (who somehow by the mercies of the cute animal fairies STILL sleeps in our bed) can hear him playing, and squealing in the morning but WILL NOT jump off the bed and run to his room until she hears the door open and the sweet sound of her best friend calling her name! I've got one word for ya....PRE-CIOUS!!!!
Here is Sammy C helping out daddy.
Another equally important and entertaining side note: Today we FORGOT we left the open house topper up from last week on our sign and at 1:00 a couple and 3 adorable little girls literally woke Chris and I up from a little Sunday afternoon nap...ohh the next 3 minutes were QUITE entertaining as we managed to do the quickest "pick-up" ever and somewhere in there I managed to properly dress myself...ohh it was a classic Dowdy house moment. I felt like God was looking down on us saying in his booming voice, in between chuckles, "Ask and you shall receive"!

No comments:
Post a Comment