I know I said I was going to post more this week but I really do have a good excuse, of which I will have to explain later because quite frankly...its Friday and put a fork in me, I don't want to have to think!
What I would like to do is brag!!!
Go ahead and get it out now..."She is one of those girls...who has to tell you about every deal she has ever found!" As a matter of fact I am. What's the use in finding a good deal if you don't get to brag about it. Oh how I embarrass the HOTY by frequently telling complete strangers how much I paid for my shirt or where to go to find cheap, cute, and comfortable shoes. Apparently that falls into the "Things us boys will NEVER understand about women" category, somewhere in between "Why to they wake up at 5 in the morning the day after Christmas to get cheap decorations they can't use until next year" and "you mean to tell me you didn't do anything but go to a restaurant, with your girlfriends, and talk...the whole 5 hours?" Yes Chris, us girls actually can entertain ourselves by just simply talking and gasp here's a secret...we don't even need Madden!!!!
Back to my bargain find victory:
So here is our lasted find, and yes I said our because Chris actually spotted it before we even got in the store and as much as I HATE to admit it...he did play a part in our lasted diamond in the rough find.
As we were walking into PIER 1 Chris eagerly says, "I think I've spotted something" and immediately heads to an ol too cute wooden buffet, in which both of us simultaneously think would make a great TV stand. However, I being the veteran Pier 1 shopper just knew it would be approximately a gazillion dollars out of our price range because well...its Pier 1, not necessarily what we like to call a "buying on a teacher's budget" store, especially for furniture. We saw the price tag, $500, and both of us again simultaneously sighed and thought in our naive little minds...maybe in our next life when Chris is the kicker for the Redskins and I just go around being a Redskins groupy, having babies, and decorating our mansion. Then Chris noticed a random sticker on top...not just any random sticker...a 75 percent off sticker!!!! And yes the heavens did slowly open and somewhere a choir was singing "Hallelujah"! The most pleasant sales lady came over and told us that her manager had JUST marked it down because the door hinge was broken and she didn't know how to fix it. Well my little HOTY took one little look at the broken door, figured out how to fix it with two screws and out the door we went with an all wood, just perfect, TV stand for....drum roll....$124!!!
Here is our little gem (please ignore the star in the backgroud...it obviously doesn't work in the space anymore, I'm just waiting for Martha (AKA Amy Jo) to come figure out where to put it!
Side note: the color in our kitchen is called Paprika! As you can tell we are way afraid of color here at the Dowdy house and tend to stick with the neutrals...:)

4 comments:
Oh what joy--- as I am finally getting a friday night to catch up on some good reading (aka blog stalking) little sis posts-- love the new tv stand!! and really love the laughs I have had reading on all the great adventures of the dowdy house-- sam is getting so big--love you guys
big sis
danielle would like to add.... Aunt Mimie your dress is "Ohhhh pretty and only a dollar!".....I know she is growing up to be a true English!! our little bargain shopper is going to fall right into your footsteps auntie....
big sis and elle
VERY nice find Em and Chris?! Chris...who knew?! That may be Black Friday qualification right there.
Now, for the shelves. You can take a SOLID color fabric and tack it behind the doors on the inside. This way only a little color will show through the slots and it will hide what you stuff in there. A pattern fabric may be too much. oh and you can change it out according to season too. so many ideas...
As for the star. Throw it away.
Just kidding. What about the wall in the den where the wicker tree is. either one of those walls. or the wall that leads down to the den.
I can't get rid of the star amy...chris got it for me...and it's paprika so it flows with the kicten which you can kinda sorta see from the den:):) come on...its not that bad! :)
Post a Comment