Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's a......

GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To say we are WAY EXCITED is an understatement!!! I made Chris IMMEDIATELY take me to the mall to SATURATE myself with pink and bows!!!!!

We got to the ultrasound tech and she asked if we wanted to find out. We gave our little spill about wanting to know only if she were 95 percent sure. She said she wouldn't tell anyone unless she was that sure!!! She literally put the wand (official medical term I'm sure!!) on my belly and within 5 milliseconds she said...its a girl...for sure!!!! Chris and I were shocked!!!! I think deep inside we both wanted a girl but didn't want people to think we would be disappointed with another boy. Sam was not as impressed with the ultrasound technology as we were...he started to squirm half way through but I was glad we decided to take him!!!! The best news of the day is that everything looked great!!!! Everything measured correctly and the heart rate was perfect! What a blessing from God that we are extremely grateful for!! After the appointment came the fun part...calling everyone! By the time we left the doctor's office we had a gazillion missed calls and texts so we were off to the races telling people about our good news! Here are just some of the ways we told people...thought you might enjoy....

Sam:
We said: Your having a baby sissy.
His response: Ball....Elli (I'm going to go with...He is still clueless...bless his heart he has NO idea what he is in for)

Chris's text to his friends: No hot dogs here...we have a little taco (politically correct I'm sure)

Amy:
Me (In the middle of Valley View Mall...YELLING): Your Witchcraft has failed! It's a girl (Chris was appreciative of my volume and assured me that none of the 50 people surrounding us gave me a weird look!

Laura, Dylan, and Danielle:
Me: It's a girl, Danielle we are even again!!!
LOUD CHEERS FROM EXCITED COUSINS FOLLOWED
Dylan: YES...I can have Sam and Danielle can have the baby

(Danielle called back approximately two minutes later to inform me she had started to save some of her "old" clothes for the baby...now tell me they won't be best friends!!!!

Cam's text: So is it Bitty Babies or more footballs
Me: Roll out the....BITTY BABIES!!!!

Peggy (the most country school custodian you will even find, who 2 weeks ago gave me a huge bag of ALL girl things and has asked me EVERYDAY since if she was right):
Note on board for her to find tonight: Peggy, you were RIGHT...It's a GIRL!!!! Thanks again for all the pink!

Chris's text to some of his golf buddies:
We have a Paula Creamer on our hands

Betty Reynolds (the most adorable K teacher ever): I'm going TODAY to buy pink yarn (she knitted or crochet or sewed OR SOMETHING more domestic than I could ever fathom, Sam the MOST ADORABLE yellow blanket!!!)

My class started cheering when I told them and for the record they guessed correctly with Girl winning over Boy on our baby graph 12 to 5!!!

EVERYONE was so excited and I feel like I have so much to say but just not enough time! I'm busy packing for another exciting trip to W'burg while Chris is staying here to put on his annual golf tournament and entertain his college buddies! Def. more to come soon and I will try to scan in some of the ultrasound pics!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so glad to hear that your new DAUGHTER is healthy :)

The Sinks said...

Congrats on the girl!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! I am so so so excited for you & Chris!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails