Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Looks like his daddy...

same illnesses as his daddy:(  

Last Thursday I was watching Danielle and Dylan and of course that means Chris, Dylan, and Sam have to play this ridiculous version of basketball, which is slowing teaching my innocent little son that is funny to hit people in not so kind places...I mean, call me a woman but I. just. don't. get. it! Needless to say, Sam was laughing hysterically and running around falling on the ground like a mad man!  We noticed that he started coughing but just thought he had gotten too tickled.  The coughing didn't stop at dinner but after all that running around he went to sleep perfectly fine.  But, an hour later, he was up coughing which included a little wheezing.  We brought him in to bed with us...WHICH WE NEVER DO, because I'm not going to lie, I LOVE my sleep and lets be honest, I already sacrifice a fourth of my bed to a not-so-little 4 legged friend.  He kept coughing and had a REALLY hard time sleeping and I can remember looking at Chris in the bed and saying, "it's  asthma I know it is".  Sure enough we make an appointment and after the nurse listened to his breathing, the doctor came in maybe 1.2 seconds (which we know NEVER happens), and Sam had to get a dose of steroids and a breathing treatment right there in the office.  They won't come out and say he has asthma but he recommended we go ahead and buy the neubulizer and not rent one (in other words...this is likely to happen again).  He had several breathing treatments over the weekend which really translates to Chris pinning Sam down the best he can and I make my best attempt to hold the mask over his face...you got it...Sam=not a huge fan of the neubulizer.   He finally went to bed better tonight, but be thinking about little Sam and his adjustment to all the yuckiness:(  

Also say a little prayer for me...I have had a rough couple days playing solo parent to sick little guy as Chris had to go overnight to the regional golf tournament with his team.  (Don't worry mom and I had a slumber party last night because 1. as stated before the nebuluizer is most definitely a two person job and 2.  mom can ward off the bad guys, or at least let me sleep considering Sam was up at 4 AM, and 3.I'm never too old to admit...sometimes...you just need your mom...and she brought fudge:))

Here is your mental picture for the week:  Amy W. and I decided we needed and deserved a yummy treat, so we loaded the babies up and decided we should go to Olive Garden to treat ourselves...(umm, yeah we weren't really thinking).  By the end of the meal Sam had gone through all my "tricks" I keep in the diaper bag and the floor looked like something you would find in "Jon and Kate's" house.  But DAG ON IT...we were bound and determined we were splitting the "pumpkin cheesecake" because not only is is hard to find a good friend but it is even harder to find a best friend who shares your love for ANYTHING pumpkin!  So for the last 1o minutes of the meal we pretended not to see Riley eating paper or Sam eating his 20th piece of candy corn and we shared not only the most delicious slice of heaven I have EVER eaten, we shared a mommy/girlfriend moment that will get us through the week!  OH, and if anyone out there is having one of those "it's only Tuesday I don't know if I can make it until Friday" moments, give me a call, I can have Sam and the bag of candy corn loaded in 5 minutes because trust me people...that pumpkin cheesecake MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER!!! 



     

1 comment:

The Sinks said...

Well, it's not Tuesday, and I'm just now getting this, but I so know that feeling of "what am I gonna do for the rest of the day/week?!?". Anytime you get there, please have me as one of the people on your list to call, because I'm sure Kathryn would love a playmate. It's hard to come up with something to do with her every day, but if I don't, she gets so stir crazy. It's gonna be a lonnnng winter, I'm afraid!

Related Posts with Thumbnails