Sunday, July 20, 2008

Here's to our "young couple" friends!!!

Sorry for the lack of updates this week but seriously I'm having trouble finding the time to breathe!!! Look for lots of "catching up" this week!!!
Let's start with the adorable wedding of April and Brad!! We had a wonderful time at the rehearsal dinner and wedding of our "young couple" friends! I loved everything about the wedding and April looked BEAUTIFUL!!!! We were very honored when they asked us to read a section from "Blue Like Jazz" during the ceremony! Here is what we read:
Emily: I will give you this, my love, and I will not bargain or barter any longer. I will love you, as sure as He has loved me.
Chris: I will discover what I can discover and through you remain a mystery, save God's own knowledge, what I disclose of you I will keep in the warmest chamber of my heart, the very chamber where God has stowed Himself in me. And I will do this to my death, and to death it may bring me.
E: I will love you like God, because of God, mighted by the power of God. I will stop expecting your love, demanding your love, trading for your love, gaming for your love. I will simply love.
C: I am giving myself to you and tomorrow I will do it again. I suppose the clock itself will wear thin its time before I am ended at this alter of dying and dying again.
E: God risked Himself on me. I will risk myself on you.
C: And together, we will learn to love, and perhaps then, and only then, understand this gravity that drew Him, unto us.


Why haven't I read this book??? Yeah I don't know either...we shall solve this little problem at the beach!!
They just got back from their honeymoon and I'm looking forward to catching up with them and looking at pictures tom! Here are a couple I took: (Just for the record your "real marriage counseling" will continue throughout the first year:) )

(I'm still using the backup computer so I can't edit/crop any of these pictures yet...sorry)
The new Mr. and Mrs. Collins!!!! They are the exact same ages Chris and I were when we got married!!!
The girls went for a more traditional picture while the guys went for more of an "action shot"!



Brad and April we can not WAIT to see you guys!!!! Thanks for letting us be a part of your so sweet, and special day!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails