Thursday, July 10, 2008

Back to the drawing board....or chalkboard as the case may be!

WE'RE BACK!!! After a full day of travel, including two flights and a 2 hour drive, we are safely home! While we loved spending time with Aaron, Faith, Silas, and sweet little Eliza, and seeing all the sights Washington had to offer, Chris and I, and Sam, our glad to be sleeping in our own bed and crib respectively. While many of you, OK and by many I mean Amy and Mom the only people who actually read this, want to see pictures of the trip, I'm quite frankly to tired and way to lazy! So this story will have to do!
Sometime in the 7th or 8th grade we had to take a test to see which occupations our skills, strengths and personality fit best with, don't act like you never had to take one of these...you know you did! No shocker when my number one match was an Elementary School Teacher! All these years I thought to myself...wow, this little test really works, what a genius idea. That is, until the flight back from Seattle. Now for those of you that don't know...I don't "do" flying very well! I know...gasp! I don't even like the little bit of turbulence you get on a "normal" flight, not to mention the EXTREME turbulence you get when the pilot actually makes the announcement that the next 15 minutes don't look too good, buckle up! So imagine my little heart pitter pattering as that very announcement came on in the middle of my "Inflight Trivia Game Challenge" (sidenote: who knew I had a talent of rare and unusual trivia...i.e. I apparently have a gift of guessing correctly on extremely hard questions and if it weren't for "Tim" in seat 4A I would have totally won the game...darn the Actual Extremely Smart People who sit in first class) Back to the point...Turbulence we did hit...and screaming I did hear (for the record the screaming was not my own)! To make matters worse, I was attempting this little journey without my usual airplane BFF, Dramamine! Anywho...back to the point of this incredible boring story, I couldn't help but to think during the whole "I should have paid more attention to the lady explaining how to inflate the life vest" moment, that the stupid test I took way back in middle school got it very, very wrong, for it said that if teaching ever failed me that my next best alternative would be a....FLIGHT ATTENDANT!!!! The sadness that overcame me in the realization that I would never get to wear bright red lipstick and too tall heals while serving cocktails to the winners of the Inflight Trivia in first class was devastating! I mean don't get me wrong I still practice my finger points to the nearest exits and all, but until I become a "better flyer" I guess its...back to the chalkboard. Look out putting up with 6 year old humor, cleaning up vomit, and NO PERSONAL SPACE....here I come!!!!

For those at work who are bored I have another funny story. The first thing we notice last night when we pulled in was that our yard was STRUGGLING!! So today we (as in Chris) spent a good amount of time working in the yard...I know you can sense my excitement through the computer..no you can't...huh, get out of town! I guess you can put yard work right under flying on the list of things I just don't "do" very well! So when Chris asked if I would pick up the pizza I was crushed...I mean, so sad, tears were brimming, I did NOT want to put those shears down...huh, now you sense sarcasm...seriously, GET OUT OF TOWN!! Anyway when I pulled in I noticed Chris still working, but no Elli. Elli always greets me at the car when she is out! When I asked Chris where Elli was he said that he couldn't find her. Now this worried us because Elli ALWAYS comes to us when she is called and she has never run away. So, the hunt began...we walked in our neighbors backyard screaming Elli...no Elli. Even our neighbor came out worried because he knows Elli never runs off. Finally Chris agrees that we should get in the car to look for her. As we approached the car what do our wondering eyes should appear...but a cute German-Shorthair pointer standing in the back seat of the Montero. Apparently when Chris moved the cars to the street so he could mow he left the window facing the street down and our athletic/not so smart dog decided to jump in and got stuck! So as we were scouring our neighborhood, Elli was chilling in the front yard. Leave it to Elli! Needless to say all we could do was laugh...and eat cold pizza!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure you didn't need to fret about how to work the life vest...unless your pilot somehow managed to land the plane square into the middle of the Mississippi River during the 7 seconds it took to fly over it.

Yes, my boycott is over.

Related Posts with Thumbnails