Friday, July 4, 2008

Talk about a road trip, well I guess technically an airtrip

Happy 4th of July!!! I don't know what you guys are up to but I may be here or here. That's right people we are in Seattle, Washington visiting Aaron, Faith, Silas, and Eliza! While at first we thought we would have to let this opportunity slip away from us, a last minute "soccer job" came up for Chris for almost the exact amount we needed for the trip...so here we are, it was meant to be!! Of course we are only here after a combined 6 hour flight over the country with a 16 month old. You could almost HEAR the eye rolls and the "please don't let those people be the ones sitting beside me" as we entered the plane...who wanted to trade me places on Wednesday??? huh...no takers...really! ACTUALLY Sam did AWESOME!!! I got SEVERAL compliments as we exited the plane from strangers telling me what a great little traveler I had, and I'm pretty sure they were referring to Sam and not Chris, but you never know! So far Sam has meet his cousin Eliza, played with Silas, went to the market where they "throw the big fish" (Chris says he has seen it on Monday night football when the Seahawks play but lets be honest English girls who used to watch hours of MTV while mom was at work....we remember it most fondly from Real World Seattle), ate at the Cheesecake Factory, and SHOPPED!!! Today is our "touristy" (is that a word?) day before we head to Yakima, WA! Don't worry more pictures to come!!!

Sidenote: (What would an Emily post be without one) Apparently the "Mom of the Year" award continues even all the way in Washington because literally 4 minutes after we got off the plane I was letting Sam "run" since he hadn't in, ol I don't know 6 hours, and he fell and hit his head on a semi-sharp corner resulting in a large gash (ok its about the size of a watermelon seed but that is large when you are 16 months old) on his forehead! Watch out Brittany I'm going global with this contest!

PS to all you internets out there...don't try to come to our house and try to still our signed Art Monk Redskins frame...we have someone staying at the house, not to mention our fierce guard dog named Elli...I know your scared of the pointer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the trip went well....thanks for posting from the road. And yes, I too remember the Seattle Real World - who can forget the SLAP!!

Anonymous said...

The Slap heard 'round the world?! Ah yes Cam, good call!

Have a great time on your trip! Bring me back something neato :) and not a busted forehead nephew! can i get him back w/o scars, bumps, bruises? thanks brittany - i mean REALLY?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails