Friday, December 30, 2011

I love you, a bushel and a peck...

Amy Jo sings this little ditty to Parker and now my kids sing it all the time and bless Charley's heart she actually yells it to her babies!  When we drew Parker's name for Cousin Christmas Exchange I knew I wanted to do something with this song.  I researched (i.e. wasted many hours on etsy and pinterest) only to find the cutest things for not the cutest price.  I decided I could whip up a sign and make it look just as cute!  First I bought a canvas ($8) and painted it a mocha brown (leftover paint from our bedroom $0)...
 Next I cut out the lettering using my cricut machine...(I haven't completely punched out all the lettering...that is why is looks a little crazy!)
 Next I peeled the backing off the paper and perfected my spacing!
 Then I coated the entire sign with the top coat!
 Before the paint finished drying I peeled off all the letters using a scrapbook tool: a piercer (you can see it in the bottom right corner...
I did some touch up paint with brown but forgot to hang the sing up for a final preview!  To add the perfect touch we all (me, Chris, Sam and Charley traced our handprints on the back of the canvas and wrote what we loved about Parker inside our print!  It was so sweet if I say so myself and I do! :)  I then wrote the lyrics to the whole 1st verse on the back wood trim!  I loved how it turned out and couldn't wait for Parker (ok lets be real here...I really couldn't wait for Amy Jo to open it!)  I made it until everyone finally got to Mom's and then I brought it in before anyone could even get to their stockings...."hers excited" (Did you know Amy and I have our own vernacular?? HA!)

Parker, we love you even more than a hug around the neck!  I think we'll keep you!  :)

3 comments:

Amy Jo said...

The first gift of Christmas was the most perfect gift of Christmas! I love love love it and I appreciate all of the hard work you did for such a sweet gift I will forever cherish! (How mushy am I right now?!) Hers do love it!!

lindsey said...

Aww! That looks amazing! Linc sings that song.. his mom sang it to him :) good job, Emily!!

Wolford Family said...

So adorable!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails