Thursday, August 11, 2011

Our little Golf Buddy

We all know Sam's absolute LOVE for golf.  I have never seen a 4 year old immerse himself so completely in something ever before!   The kid LOVES everything about the game!  He always ask me to go watch him so during our beach trip we got Nana and Papa to watch Charley so I could hit the course with the boys!  I have never had so much fun watching golf before in my life!  My Sammy C was cracking me up the entire day!  He was IN.HIS.ELEMENT!  I recorded all of his hilarious quotes throughout the day!   I accidentally went to tee his second shot up because it was buried in pretty deep rough.  Sam looked at me and in the most serious voice said, "Mom, please don't touch my ball"!  I started dying laughing at him then I apologized and put his ball back where it landed!  Then he drove the ball almost to the green, looked at Chris and said, "It's birdie time"!  I kid you not...I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried!  Apparently he thought I was his caddie because he yelled to me in the cart, "can you hand me my wedge after I smack this drive"!  The kid is not right...and clearly humble!   

Cute golf shirt (check), golf glove (check), adorable socks (double check)!  I mean really how could I pass these socks up!  Not when we have THE.BEST.GOLF.BUDDY in the world!




Ed, Ryan, Matt...don't worry "he brought his sunscreen"!
Snack break!
Can you see the two balls!  The one closest to the hole is Sam's!  He actually beat Chris on this hole!

And he drains the putt!
This would be a "par dance"!
For the record Chris tees him up about 100 yards from the hole (on a par 4, longer for a par 5) and lets him go completely on his own.  Chris also makes him count EVERY single swing...including balls in the water and every single putt (yes all 7 on number 13).   This round he shot a 109 and I was there to witness that he counted every single time he swung the club!  (most of his strokes are putts because "reading" a green is a little hard for a 4 year old although that is what they are currently working on! Ha!)
Sam, I love watching you enjoy something so much!  You LOVE golf!  I love you loving spending time with your daddy!  You are a lucky little boy and Chris is a very lucky Daddy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails