how in the world did you guys let me miss reading this book. I love the era its set in and I love anything about the south!
Amy Jo and I went to a 10:15 showing on a Thursday night (during the summer) and yes I even brought a throw blanket from Amy's car with me. And there we sat snuggled up with the two old ladies behind us, the only other people in the theater. At one point we were laughing out loud, at one point we were literally clapping our hands, and at one point I was audibly crying. I love, LOVE this movie! As we left the movie I could only think of one thing....how in the world did I miss this book??? I would have LOVED to read it! Now that I have seen the movie I don't feel like the book will be as good. There is however one thing I know for sure....."you is kind, you is smart, you is important"!!


2 comments:
Glad you enjoyed the movie. I read the book last summer, it is so good!
Yes you've gotta read the book, and now I've gotta go see the movie :)
Post a Comment