If I pretend I'm just writing fun facts about Sam and not doing his 4 year old post then I can still pretend he is most def. not growing up...therefore, this is just a post to say what Sam has "been up to lately" because how ON EARTH could I possibly have a four year old! :) Sam you are the best big brother in the world! You show Charley how to do new things every day and she thinks the world revolves around you. I pray that you will always be as close to your sister as you are now! You love her and are so gentle and kind with her...(at least mostly :)). Your idiosyncrasies CRACK US UP! We call you "Little Monk" because you def. have a touch of OCD. You line your cars up just right, we have to sing "Hush Little Baby" the "right way" (when you were little we made up our own version and you love your special song!), you set up soccer cones in a perfect line, you do not like your hands to be dirty, your blanket has to be laid the exact right way. You bite your finger nails. We are trying to break this habit but we have figured it out that you do it as your falling asleep. Your favorite foods are PBandJ, Chick-Fil-A, and Japanese rice! You are SO athletic. You love anything sports related. You play full rounds of golf, practice "passing routes", kick off a tee, invent your own games of soccer, and give Daddy a run for his money with your indoor basketball hoop. You always ask us, "Daddy says when I'm bigger I can get a real basketball hoop outside....am I bigger yet?" Your left foot is amazing! I am now officially scared to stop your shots on goal! Sometimes Nana takes you to Daddy's practice! You pack your soccer bag (filled with shin guards, soccer socks, and cleats) all on your own. You are an awesome student. Your teachers always brag about what a good preschooler you are! They say you are very quiet but that you love to talk to your best friend Michael. They say you sit quietly and always listen on the first time! You know all your letters and sounds and are reading level A books! You can read Biscuit books on your own but they are def. from memory. We have read them at least a million times! :) You are obsessed with anything Cars and are looking forward to this summer when the 2nd movie comes out! You love having movie night after sissy goes down. Sometime you call me Mom instead of Mommy and I shed a tear each time. Daddy is your all time BEST friend! You feed Elli and let her out all on your own. You make us laugh everyday, especially when you tell stories! You beg us to wear shorts EVERYDAY...are you your daddy's son much? You like to ride your bike and scooter. You still sleep with your Elli dog every night. We kinda think you are the best 4 year old in the world! You have taught us so much more than we have taught you. You are such a sweet blessing to us every day. The first thing Daddy said after you were born was, "how could anyone just experience what we just experienced and not believe in God". We loved you instantly and it grows everyday. You make us want to do better! We love you more than you will ever know!
(You actually sleep like this...shocker you are in shorts!!) HA!

3 comments:
I just shed a tear thinking about it and how fast they grow up. I'm an emotional mess...I would call it my post partum horomones, but the truth is, I'm like this all the time. Why do they have to grow up and "leave" you? Why is my baby 1 week old today? why? Why? Why? Sam is such a sweet boy!Happy 4th!
-Abby
Oh, Emily why did you have to do this to me!! haha I'm sitting on my couch just balling!! We love that four year old too, and think he is one special little boy!! :)
So sweet! What do you think they are going to think of our birthday letters and posts 10 years from now? :-)
Post a Comment