Friday, April 24, 2009

to walk an inch in my shoes...it just may be worth it

we are sad to report two very, very, very unfortunate tid-bits about our two wonderful (but good thing their cute) kids:

Sam: The big bro would like to announce to the world that he has officially hit the 2's...as in terrible... in the past two days he has made me cringe at least 3 times. One being when we went to visit my class yesterday AND someone didn't want to leave, so as I am carrying my purse, the diaper bag, and sissy out to the car he decides he does not want to hold my hand across the parking lot. This leads to me "Tarzan swinging" him with one hand (you moms know what I'm talking about) all the way to car. Add in some screaming and snot flying and you have proud momma moment #1. Can I get a great big THANK YOU to the builders of my school for not forgetting to put wall to wall windows in the teacher's lounge so none of my co-workers had to miss me in my finest hour! Glad I could keep you entertained during lunch GES!! Then there was today when Sam decided to run down the doctor's office hallway, and since I was carrying everything and sissy again, the nurse had to catch him and pick him up and carry him to the room. Yeah my super mom cape may be forever tarnished. Chris and I are hoping Sam's latest fits are only because he is sick:( Last night he couldn't even sleep because of his congestion and horrible cough. In fact Chris finally went to the guest room with him because he kept waking up coughing so bad he would start crying. Ohhh you should.have.seen.my.face. when Chris came into the bedroom this morning complaining, "I may have gotten one hour of sleep last night", BECAUSE welcome to my amount of sleep since March 9th, honey!!! (hence the walking one inch in my shoes:):) ) Shhh, don't tell Chris I secretly smiled thinking "now you know what it feels like"...what kind of supportive wife WOULD EVER think that!!! now on to...

Charley: Little Miss Priss has the dreaded 5 letter C word...I have to whisper it...colic, we tried to act like it wasn't colic...just a little gas but we have grown to embrace the label. The doctors did give us some colic medicine but it really didn't help. They did tell us to be thankful we at least know how to make her stop crying, it just takes some effort. She likes to be wrapped tight, with her pacifier, and to bounce up and down. So from the hours of 5-10 in the evening I get the best leg exercise ever!
I believe it is all part of a conspiracy. See right now Charley is the baby, and she knows this. She also knows that her loving parents want more kids...this would make Charley a middle child. She is just trying to resist the middle child label by trying her best to get us to stop at 2. No wonder her and Amy have such a bond...ohh you two are SO classic "middle child"!!!...and I'm only half way kidding:):) you will not prevail miss thing...we will overcome colic!!!

my house smells of his and her poo diapers so I must go now to change the trash bag... (this post screams "delirious, sleep deprived new mom of 2"!!! I will publish now before I come to my senses and realize how nutty this post is and delete the whole thing!!!

3 comments:

Amy Jo said...

This is where I would insert my middle child comment. But I can't.

But just know I thought it!!

Maybe you should look into exchanging the "cadillac" and get a stroller you can actually use.

Wolford Family said...

Oh,we so need to get those kiddies out to a park one day and have us a picnic lunch and they can all keep each other entertained. I'm off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays! I miss you ;)
So glad to have your posts to hear your personality!

The Sinks said...

Do you have an exercise ball? It makes for some great bouncing while giving your legs a rest and making you kinda feel like you are sitting. And yeah, about being in the terrible twos, we're right there with ya. Kathryn was screaming so loud when we left Chick Fil A that people were staring at us (yes, I looked up to check). :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails