Monday, April 20, 2009

I didn't mean to keep you waiting...

I know you guys have been losing sleep wondering how our mini-van shopping went!!! I find it best to sum up the day by listing some quotes you would have heard had you been driving in the Dowdy car on Sunday!

-While stopped at a red light a middle aged man sporting a tropical shirt buttoned down WAY to far drives in front of us with a white minivan (circa 1980) as Chris says, "I mean just look at that guy, I just want to roll the window down and yell...Are you Happy??"

-On contemplating what it would do to our "cool factor" by driving a minivan Chris said, "If I'm driving a minivan I'm straight pimping it out...I'm talking rims, tinted windows. You got one life to life...straight up Eminem" I don't even know what that last part means but I laughed really hard!!!

-While discussing how it would be nice to have a van to take to the beach this summer I suggested we could take the Majo Van, Chris pips in..."and who would help us push it the last 100 miles". Speaking of the MaJo van, have I ever told you how excited I used to get when I had to drive the van to school. I mean how many seniors in high school do you know that would get PUMPED UP about driving a 1992 conversion van to school! We might have even gone as far as to call it the "party on wheels", and you could see it raised above all the other cars from any window in the school!

focus Emily, back to minivans...

-While driving on 81, "We got a Honda Oddysey on our tail..could be destiny" ~~ Chris

-"The Divers and the Martins converted and so did Aaron...the difference being that Aaron was still a bachelor...yeah Aaron, not as cool..." ~~~Chris

-After seeing the look on April's face when we told her we were shopping for minivans, "I give the Collin's one year after they have a baby before they are slapping a soccer magnet on the back of white minivan!"

"What I wanted to tell that cute young couple who joined church this morning was that in 5 years they better be ready to be toting 2 kids to church and then go minivan shopping." ~~Emily

For now we are staying the course and sticking with the SUV...but its going to be hard to compete with the 13 cup holders and stow n go diaper storage...

2 comments:

Keeping up with the Jones said...

Oh my I would have paid to be in the car with yall on Sunday! Never a dull moment with the Dowdy's! :)

Anonymous said...

hahahaha....This post cracks me up! I still say the Hostetler's are remaining minivan less for a LOOOONNNNNGGG time...hopefully forever.

-Abby

Related Posts with Thumbnails