Wednesday, September 10, 2008

a quick post!

Here is a list of randomness....
-I couldn't remember how far along I was, so I actually logged into my own blog to check the baby ticker...can we say PATHETIC!
-My belly has been rubbed approximately 1,904,785 times by little first grade hands and I'm only 14 weeks. I just MAY have to bring out the ol "Mrs. Dowdy's baby needs their bubble" line from Sam's pregnancy! and yes my "cultured friend" in first grade informed the whole class today during reading groups that is was ok for Mrs. Dowdy to be eating a pop tart during class because it's "for the baby, yall"
-I go to my next appointment on Monday!!! I will try and take a picture of my doctor for you guys because I KNOW you are dying to meet her...and lets be honest after I hug her tightly she will already think I'm not normal!
-I must be having some serious pregnancy hormones because the past 3 nights I have sat in Sam's room and watched him sleep. He is just growing up so dag-on fast and he is just the cutest little thing sleeping, and the first night he was sleeping in the EXACT same position as I sleep. In my defense I did have to turn his fan off because for some reason my husband thinks even though its still 80 degrees outside this pregnant irrational women doesn't need the air on...something about saving money or something totally ridiculous like that! So it was 100 degrees when we put Sam down so we turned the fan on, but I didn't want him to get too cold so I HAD to sneak in and see that little man sleeping so I could turn the fan off of course!

I will end with this funny "you had to be there story"! Let me preface this story by saying I'm not judging any one particular life style...it just made me laugh. Those that know my husband knows he is not what we like to call a "seasoned shopper". Even after all these years he STILL does not "GET" why us English girls go out in the wee hours of Black Friday morning or why it is SO necessary to arrive first at Target on the day after Christmas! I mean COME ON PEOPLE did he totally miss the A-DOR-ABLE berry wreath I got last year...I basically had to throw a right hook to grab the last one! Anyways, Chris actually asked me to go shopping for shoes, so we ventured to trusty ol Rack-Room for the ol, buy one get one 50 percent off (Translation = husbands find one pair of shoes he can settle on and "oh I guess I will have to find a pair I like because we just CAN NOT let that 50 percent go to waste). To my utter shock he found a pair of sneakers AND a pair of slip on Sperry's...I KNOW...he didn't know they were actually "name brand" or what the kids call "hip" or they would have been totally out of the question. So there I am chasing around Sam trying to convince him that were great, thinking with an evil chuckle in my head that he has no IDEA they are trendy, mainly because he can't even pronounce the name right bless his heart, when he looks at me and asks, "are you sure they aren't too..you know..."girly"?" I kid you not, not 3 SECONDS later a "couple shall we call partners" walk in, go STRAIGHT to the SAME shoe and BOTH guys try them on. Chris looks at me with the most straight (sorry for the pun) face and says, "If LT came in and tried these shoes on, they would already be in my car paid for!" Instead I had to spend the next 20 minutes trying to convince him they were the most manly shoes I've ever seen... because I was not wasting my chance for him to buy cute shoes or the 50 percent off and well...they didn't have my size in the most adorable little black flats. He finally decided on the shoes and because this is my blog and once again he should check it more often, I will disclose.....he actually wore them out of the store!!!


And last my not least....
I have competition. Seems I'm not the only English who can write...can't she let me have anything??? I'm only kidding, I was as happy as Chris on draft night when I found out AJ started a blog!!!! Check her out at teetimewiththestorcks.blogspot.com
I know, I know...she's the funny one...my cover is officially blown!

its late...I'm tired...and pregnant...please ignore the run on sentences, misspellings, and the excessive use of ...

1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

I wasn't ready for public viewing of the blog yet...i had so much more to do and you blew my cover!!! OMG! :)
Cute blog, and tell Chris that greg has owned sperrys since the 4th grade...so what is he trying to say about Greg? i am soooo tellin'

Related Posts with Thumbnails