Saturday, April 13, 2013

Happy Birthday Sam and Charley!




We had a VERY low key "princess" and "sports" birthday party for Sam and Charley at the beginning of March!  Sam had it all figured out...the boys in the carpet room playing "areana" and the girls had the fireplace room for princess and playing babies!  The girls would wear princess dresses and the boys would wear their favorite jersey!  SOLD!  I was all in!  :)   

Daddy's famous cupcakes!  Pink ones for his girl and his famous chocolate on chocolate for his boy!  
Charley's side!  She wanted her doll house brought down and all her baby things!  
Opening gifts...



6 years old candle...

 My big 4 year old!  (Daddy's world's famous cupcakes were spot on...way to go Dad!!)

 All the girls ALL dressed up!

 I carry Max in the carrier a lot (at dance class, t-ball, soccer games...you get the point...she sees it a lot!)   so she was beyond thrilled for one of her own!!
 Would anyone care for a spot of tea!
Nana made these cute princess canvas totes for the girls, filled with a juice, gummies, and a princess doll!
 She made these cute gym bags for the boys filled with a sport juice bottle, gummies, and a nerf football!


 Charley insisted on wearing her "princess dress" from Cam's wedding!  She begged...I mean begged on numerous occasions for me to wear my wedding dress!  I compromised with my veil!  HA!

This birthday was a very low key party for the Dowdy's!   In our current season of life it was the prefect compromise in letting our children have fun but not stressing us me out!  HA!  Angie Smith had an interesting take on birthday parties here!  While I enjoy being creative and going over the top, I just didn't have it in me this year and what I found out in the end was...everything turned out perfectly perfect!  We even had several "kids activities" to do but the kids were having so much fun just being kids that we didn't even do them!  I didn't even take a single picture!  (Luckily friends stepped up so we could at least document that we did in fact have a party!  Chris made chile and grilled cheeses and each of our moms brought a soup!  Chris also made "the year in review" video for the kids and played it at the end of the party for anyone interested!  There was no "big announcement" this year!  Remember last year's big annoucement?????!!!!!!  We had a simple party and we just sat back and enjoyed our kids and our family and our friends...and it was perfect!  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails