Our Sam has completely rocked out Kindergarden! We had our mid year conference last week and Mrs. Green told us what an amazing kid we had...we already knew that, but it felt so good for someone else to brag on him!
Sam, we are so proud of you! You are a good friend, a respectful student, and SUPER smart! We loved seeing your journal! (we get to keep it at the end of the year so be on the lookout for pics then!) You write a lot about playing soccer with Daddy but your last journal about giving Mommy a hug every morning brought a tear to my eye! And what's this about Mrs. Green telling us that, "the girls really love Sam!!!"??? Are you not telling us something??? She also told us what a good example you are to your friends which made our hearts warm AND she showed us your 100% spelling test and bragged about your superior handwriting! Keep it up Sam!!! We are so happy you love school! Way to go Buddy!!
Here is your "x" book!
We most loved your adorable drawing of Max! For "k" Homework Sam had to record how long he could kick a ball! Of course Dad and Sam had to take it to a whole other level by recording how long he could kick in the air, kick with a roll, punt, and kick off a tee!
Sam rides the bus to Daddy's school in the afternoon and hangs out at practice until I can I pick him up! Basically he feels like hot stuff and pretty much thinks he rules the high school! Most of the time they try to talk me into letting him stay the whole practice! He likes to run with the guys and when they scrimmage he is the "ref" complete with Daddy's whistle! (remember when he used to call it "histle", read about it here). Chris made him a little desk area in the storage room and one day he made this February calendar all on his own! I thought it was pretty cute! It's hard to see but he filled in his birthday, Valentine's day, President's Day, and Washington and Lincoln's birthdays! He went back since I took this pic and added Groundhog's Day!
He likes to draw on the back of his papers! Most of the time it's about Daddy but here he drew a heart and wrote I love my Mommy! It was a cute surprise when I was cleaning out his folder!
My road leads to the stadium, where I wish to start a career.
For you only have one life to live, so play hard and do not fear.
Soccer, baseball, basketball, I've played for all my life.
Even through the good times, and even through the strife.
Soccer is my best one; I've played it ever since I was small.
I always play at home, where it bounces off the wall.
I've always played in the fall, when the soccer season starts.
So as you can see, I love soccer. To me, it's a work of art.
Basketball is another one, another sport I play.
Where I used to live, I chased the ball almost ever single day!
Baseball is the last one. It's last but certainly not least.
This sport like all the others, I learned from my family!
Here is the part that made me cry...the teacher wrote in read, "Well, this poem is certainly reflective of all that you're about!! So, are you going to a coach??"
I mean really people...he was only in the 7th grade...but he knew!!! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment