Sam is loving his church basketball league! They practice on Friday nights and play on Sat. afternoons! It's the perfect league for him because its K and 1st so he has just the right amount of competition! Last week he had 12 points and 2 steals with his all time record of 14 points 2 weeks ago! He is SO in his element! He plays with such intensity it makes me laugh! He also is one of the smoothest with the ball as he dribbles down the court! Last week he had a shot at the buzzer that went in and he ran over to Daddy (who of course is the coach) and gave him a big hug! It was really sweet! Our favorite part of the day is on our drive back home when we are talking with Sam and he gives us the "inside" scoop. Last week was our all time most favorite quote from Sam ever! He said, "Hey Dad...There was a kid on the other team that said "block him, he's just little" and Dad I told him, "I will NOT, I will NOT stop shooting"! Chris and I LOST it! We laughed so hard! Sam's a pretty quiet and shy kid but the confidence...it overfloweths! At practice when Chris was telling the team that for the first time they would be playing their game the next day on the same court that they practice on Sam said, "Oh good guys...it's a home game!" He is not right! Doesn't he sound like Chris?? They are basically the same person!
I need to take some game action shots but here is the Mr. practicing on his hoop in the kitchen! He must play either on this hoop or his outside hoop an hour a day...he loves it!



No comments:
Post a Comment