Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dr. Seuss Party Prep...

Each of the guests signed these books for the kids!  I loved how each guest took time to find the "just right page" and that the kids will always have these special books from their party!  

 The main table!
 Trademark tissue paper flowers and birthday banner!
 Yummy pretzel sticks!
 One fish, two fish...
 Daddy's famous cupcakes that mommy had to make this year!

 I bought a digital file for 5 dollars on etsy (for cupcake wrappers, toppers, and water bottle labels) and then my inside source printed them all for me for like 3 dollars!  I thought it was good way to use the party colors and theme!  
 Gift bags for the guests!  (thank you dollar section at Target and cricuit machine!)  I mod-podged the letters so they would stay...twice actually...and they still were coming off.  For anyone out there looking to do the same thing I would recommend some heavier glue!   The Dr. Seuss puzzles were for my older niece and nephew!  Inside the bags were Dr. Seuss buttons and Dr. Seuss silly bands!


 More to come on this sign...
 Dr. Seuss books and both the kids scrapbooks on the bottom!

 Front door...
 Sam I Am
 Cutest girl in all the world!  Bonnie (Chris's mom) made both of the kids outfits for the party!  I bought a 2 dollar pattern and 10 dollars worth of fabric and she worked her magic!  I thought they both turned out so cute!
 Water bottles (when I bought these out Chris's exact words were...."Folks don't forget to use the Dr. Seuss toilet paper"...apparently he thought I was running our theme into the ground but I happen to think the water bottles were adorable! HA!)

Here is my advice to party planning moms:
-Decide your theme early!  I decided in the summer I was going to do Dr. Seuss (thing 1, thing 2 with aqua and red).  Anytime I was out (especially handy at the beginning of the school) and saw something Dr. Seuss I grabbed it!  The little Thing 1 and Thing 2 heads were an after school started clearance for a buck....so were the Dr. Seuss window clings!  (I also wrote out Dr. Seuss quotes on the front door and windows using dry erase markers)
-Use things you already have.  I already owned the tissue paper, ribbon, and paper for the signs so they were essentially free and I thought they turned out super cute.  I also just used black frames I had around the house and leftover fabric from Charley's dress to make the quote frames....once again free!
-The last two weeks before the party was the first two weeks of soccer and I didn't touch any party details.  I worked on all party related things way before soccer season even started!  Don't laugh but I had the favor bags done in August!  I knew I would run out of steam and this way I never felt rushed!
-And lastly...if you are a mom and you don't know want to throw a big "themed" shindig....DON'T!  While the kids loved the party, the part they really loved was having all their family and friends together for fun and cupcakes.  I like the Dr. Seuss theme and it made my heart happy to work on all the party details so it was a win/win for the kids and me!

Don't worry...more Dr. Seuss party details to come!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails