Every since Sam was born he has slept with his hospital blanket and his hospital paci. Not his cute little fuzzy blue blanket or his adorable paci with his name...this ugly blanket and huge paci were his pick!!! We all grew to love the "blankie and bappy" because anyone who has been over to our house during bedtime routine knows just how well Sam was able to go to sleep on his own! We give him his bappy and bankie and he went right to sleep!!! I know, I know we were supposed to get rid of the "bappy" by his first birthday...YADA, YADA!!! Truth be told I had NO problem with the "bappy". It never left his bed. When he got his big boy bunk beds (that I QUICKLY made Chris take down because our son is half monkey and I could see him swinging from the bars at 3 in the morning) he would leave his bappy in the hole where the bunk beds are supposed to connect...he even called it his "bappy hole"! Because he never took it out in public I was perfectly fine with his paci being "our little secret"...if his future wife wanted to take it from him, so be it :) Well fast forward to two weeks ago when Sam had the WORST case of strep I've ever seen! I'm talking blisters, rash, fever...the bubble gum medicine didn't even touch it and they had to call in the big guns. For days his mouth was so sore he couldn't suck his precious "bappy" and he would yell out "mouf hurts, no bappy". And apparently because he couldn't suck his bappy he didn't want his "bankie" either. So there you have it. Sam went COLD TURKEY off his bappy and blanket :(:(:( I was so sad for him. All of his emotional security gone at once. :( So we are now in what I'm trying to call "just a phase" but realize we have finally hit what others call the "terrible twos". We finally have gotten him back to going to sleep on his own (minus bappy and blankie) but he has been rather "challenging" these past two weeks and has been testing our patience with discipline. Thankfully Chris is GREAT with him and we are working together to figure out what is best for our "buddy" during this transition:)!! Bring it on terrible 2's...Bring it on!!:):)

1 comment:
I think it's sometimes harder for the mamas than for the kiddos to give up their beloveds, but oh well. Kathryn still sleeps with her lovey, although "the trash man" came and took her pacis away. I have to admit, though, a few weeks ago when I caught her stealing a few moments with one of Jackson's pacis, I had to hide my smile and do everything in my power to keep from going over there and picking her up and snuggling with her while she enjoyed that moment...!
Post a Comment