Well I did it...Chris had a soccer tournament in VA Beach this weekend (and mom was out of town) so I had all 3 kids by myself for 48 hours....AND I SURVIVED! It was not pretty (or quiet) but I still consider it a victory...with a capital V! HA! (Thanks for those who offered to come stay with me but I had to prove to myself that I could do it! :) ) We even managed some trips out! We successfully went to target and McDonalds, attended Layna's 2nd birthday (where I received LOTS of help...thanks guys), AND we made it to church....on time...I know right...I texted Chris the minute I got there, "I did it"! I needed this weekend as a mom to prove that I could do it and to get over the initial "on my own" fear! (figured I should probably work that out before soccer season...ha) My big kids were superstars! Before Chris left we had a big talk with them about helping out and making it easy on me and they were so sweet all weekend! I even managed some pictures before church. I wanted to document the fact that it could be done just in case I forgot!
Now if this just doesn't make your heart smile you have issues people...
I could eat all 3 of them upCharley always ask, "when I was a baby did I...." (insert whatever Max is currently using or doing) She LOVES to hear stories about when she was a baby! She has adjusted so well to baby! She wants to hold him and love on him (with close supervision) and whereever I am in the house with Max....so is Charley with her baby. In fact last night I went to put Max in the bassinet only to find one of Charley's babies was already occupying the space! I crawled back into bed laughing to myself..."you got Mommy, Charley!" I can remember thinking Sam was so much bigger once I had Charley and now Chris and I think Charley is so much older once we had Max.








2 comments:
Yay! So proud of you! You are my HERO! :)
Woohoo!!! Getting those "firsts" out of the way sure does make you fell better! I felt the same way the first week I got mine to church! Way to go!!!
Post a Comment