I had started "pinning" ideas about a gender reveal before I was even pregnant! Of course when I started pinning I thought I would well...you know...have a kitchen! Since all my craft items are still WAY packed we decided to have a very low key, "what will it "bee" gender reveal playdate at the park! I mean we went very low key! HA!
We had our ultrasound that morning and in between my ultrasound and appointment Chris ran the "sealed" envelope (yes even Chris and I were surprised!!!) to Cam and Wayne and they stuffed the box with the right color balloons! I happen to be the only one in Roanoke that didn't know there was a helium shortage and sent Cam on a wild goose chase! Capt. Party didn't have any helium and LUCKILY Kroger only had the color balloon we needed! If the baby had been the opposite I'm not sure what we would have done! Thanks Cam (she had to go into work so she didn't even get to see the big reveal) for running around crazy! If I had secret that I had to keep...I would pick Cam to know it 100 percent of the time! Chris and I had the box in our position and didn't peak for a whole hour...in fact the only one that tried to peak was Sam! HA!
Team Girl in their pink! (Chris and I decided to wear black and yellow for our "bee" theme instead of choosing a side for sure! Charley talked me into a pink bow and shoes because she thought girl and Sam then just had to wear blue soccer socks! HA!
Team Boy in their blue! ( I love that even though the Jones' couldn't make it they "texted" in their vote by picture message! HA!)What's it going to be "bee"?????
The anticipation was building (don't worry Amy Jo and Kelly were on stand-by by phone!)
Can you see the sneak peak????
IT'S A BOY!!!!
I love Sam's face here...he wanted a boy SO,SO,SO bad! We had prepped him all week that if there were pink balloons we would still be excited. He kept saying over, and over, and over..."Momma I knew it was going to be a boy...I just knew it!" I was so happy for Sam! BABY BOY!!!
Check out Sam's light blue socks!
Another action shot! Chris cracks me up!
It was so much fun! And we are so excited about our little boy! Sam is still holding on to one blue balloon in his room! Everything on the ultrasound looked good! Dr. Martin said he was measuring big but I have big babies! At least I think 8.3 is a big baby! Which is what Sissy was! We laughed going into the appointment because with both Sam and Charley they told us with in the first 60 seconds but the tech kept saying, "come on baby...cooperate" and we started getting a little nervous. It turns out she knew the whole time but wanted the "money shot"! I asked if she thought she was right enough to "paint the walls" and she said oh yes!! We saw the "money shot" after the reveal and we are definite believers! HA! Any suggestions for boy names???













2 comments:
Name suggestion...Josh Hamilton
Oh Emily! I cried at this post- what a fantastic surprise! I guess it didn't matter-healthy and happy especially since you had one of each already but sooooo special to see Sam's little facial expression! Congrats!
Love,Abby
Post a Comment